The bridges for the train tracks ran together over South Street in downtown Indianapolis. Because of the angular way the came together close to the Alexander hotel, they formed a rough triangle. The sun’s light penetrated through the gap. Because of this, there was a beautiful contrast on the street beneath between the light and the shadow. Kayleigh stood in the light, with her arms wrapped around Nathaniel. It was hot, therefore we mostly stuck to the shade. But I loved that playful moment as we were walking back to our cars. Finally we had to head to the ceremony at the Indiana Historical Society.
Steve and I had so much fun capturing this wedding. The Indiana Historical Society is such an interesting venue. Hence us loving the way everything looked inside and out. The canal was very busy during the wedding. As a result when we took Kayleigh and Nathaniel out for photos, they received a lot of compliments. Also a lot of people congratulated them.
Speaking of which, we just love the way people in Indianapolis get happy and excited for strangers on their wedding day. Above all it’s just such a charming city. There were people on the canal offering us waters. There were multiple people who asked if we needed them to move for photos. People saw us coming and were looking for ways to make the day better. Hence us pointing out how charming this city is!
A big thanks to all of the vendors for this Indiana Historical Society wedding!
- Location: Indiana Historical Society
- Coordinator/Planner: Becky Fee
- Officiant: Gary Nettoc
- Wedding Dress: David’s Bridal
- Veil/Hair Piece: David’s Bridal
- Shoes: David’s Bridal
- Dress Accessories: Kay Jewelers
- Bridesmaid Dresses: David’s Bridal
- Suits: Leena’s Bridal
- Hair Stylist: Courtney Waugh
- Make-up Artist: Erica Higgins
- Florist: Lauren Brown
- Catering: Hoaglin Fine Catering
- Cake Designer/Bakery: Barbara Walker: Eye-Thee-Wed
- Entertainment: Brian Morris: FMX DJs
- Save the Date Designer: Vistaprint
- Invite Designer: David’s Bridal
- Honeymoon: Iceland
- First Dance Song: Stand By Me – John Lennon
- Mother/Son Song: Wildflowers – Tom Petty
We are so blessed to be able to work with so many talented vendors! Each and every week we are just blown away! Take a moment to google some of these vendors if you’re getting married! You won’t regret it!
So, did you love these phots of Kayleigh and Nathaniels’s Indiana Historical Society wedding? If so, then check out their engagement session:
Kayleigh and Nathaniel’s engagement session at Coxhall Gardens in Carmel! Thanks for taking the time to check it out!
If you loved these photos at the Indiana Historical Society, then consider donating to keep it afloat!