The light from the sun permeated the glass window at the Mavris. It’s light filtered into the room where Lily and Zack were standing looking out at downtown Indianapolis. Lilly was standing behind Zack, her arms wrapped around his and her eyes looking upward toward him. A smile had broken its way across not just her whole face, but her whole body, illuminating every part of her. Zack stood stoically, looking out the window, able to feel the love radiating from his new bride. This little moment with Lily and Zack was stunning, like every other moment of their Mavris wedding.
This wedding brought me to tears so many times throughout the day. I couldn’t not help but feel moved as I witnessed everything that was happening and the way these two genuinely loved each other, wholeheartedly. From the getting ready photos at the Alexander Hotel and the jaw dropping first look outside the bar, to their bridal party photos at the War Memorial, to their ceremony and reception at Mavris, everything about this Mavris wedding was wonderful.
Some quick details about their Mavris Wedding!
Some quick details from this Mavris wedding that I want to highlight. Lily’s mom passed away while her and Zack were dating. To honor her mom, she wore her mom’s wedding band on the day of the wedding. She also had a charm from her mom on her bouquet. Lily’s mom also really loved games. Lily’s mom had created her own game, and Lily and Zack decided to make that game and send it out as a favor to all of their guests. I just love the way that she chose to honor the memory of her mother. I can’t imagine how that feels.
Also, I wanted to mention how much I loved the jean jackets with their last name bedazzled on the back. The band they picked to play their wedding, Rod Tuffcurls and the Bench Press, is one of Zack’s favorite bands. We also did a photo on top of the Robey in Chicago during their engagement with the Chicago skyline in the background, so to mirror that at the wedding we did a photo on top of the Mavris with the Indianapolis skyline in the background. I just loved how unique the whole day felt to the two of them. I’m so happy I was able to capture their wedding!
A big thanks to all of the vendors that helped make this Mavris wedding day so special!
- Ceremony and Reception Location: Mavris Arts & Event Center
- Getting Ready Location: The Alexander Hotel
- Officiant: Chris Mallott
- Wedding Dress (Designer & Boutique): Rime Arodaky – Alice in Ivory
- Veil/Hair Piece: Custom by Ette Bridal
- Shoes (Brand/Store): Jimmy Choo/Nordstrom
- Suits: The Black Tux
- Hair Stylist: Something Blue Stylists: Melissa Campos
- Make-up Artist: Something Blue Stylists: Melissa Campos
- Florist: Ever Something
- Catering: Mavris
- Cake Designer/Bakery: Confectioneiress
- Entertainment: Rod Tuffcurls and the Bench Press
- Save the Date Designer: Paper Source
- Invite Designer: Paper Source
- Program Designer: Zack Wilson
- Calligraphy: Kayla Estes
- Videographer: Unique Heart Production
- Transportation: Royal Limo
- Honeymoon: Mini Moon – Oregon; Mega Moon – SE Asia, Australia, New Zealand
- First Dance Song: As by Stevie Wonder
- Father/Daughter Dance Song: Father Daughter by Paul Simon
- Mother/Son Dance Song: You’ve Got a Friend by James Taylor
If you want to see more photos of Lily and Zack, check out their Chicago engagement session!