The light of the sun reflected off the pavement and up under an archway at Culver Academy, backlight Niki and Sam as they walked toward each other. Sam reached out his hand to Niki as we walked toward her, wrapping it around her waist once they came together and hugging her close. There were so many wonderful moments like this all day as Niki and Sam had a lakeside wedding in Culver on Lake Maxinkuckee.
Niki used to teach sailing at Culver Academy, so for the first look Sam stood at the end of the dock and waited for Niki to walk all the way down to him. When he turned around and saw her for the first time the look of astonishment on his face was enough to make anyone tear up.
Later as Niki and Sam exchanged rings you could see the rush of emotions on Sam’s face as Niki slid the ring on his finger. To say that he was excited was an understatement. Steve and I just love when we see people so swept away with love on their wedding day.
There were so many gorgeous moment during this lakeside wedding! Steve and I couldn’t be happier that we were able to capture this wedding. It was especially cool for Steve because way back when he was in high school, he used to lifeguard with Sam up in Elkhart. We’re so excited to share these beautiful images from this wedding!
Lakeside Wedding feels compliments of:
- Ceremony and Reception Location: Lake Maxinkuckee
- First Look Location: Culver Academy
- Coordinator/Planner: Barbie Gurwitz
- Officiant: Gene Benedict
- Wedding Dress (Designer & Boutique): Jenny Yoo – Nordstrom
- Shoes (Brand/Store): Badgley Mishka
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Nordstrom
- Suits: Hugo Boss (groom)
- Hair Stylist: DL Lowry Hairspa – Kamy
- Make-up Artist: DL Lowry Hairspa – Kamy
- Florist: McNamara
- Catering: Black Plate Catering
- Entertainment: The Doo! Band
- Save the Date Designer: Minted
- Invite Designer: Westwood Paper
- Program Designer: Westwood Paper
- Honeymoon: Amalfi Coast
- First Dance Song: In Case You Didn’t Know by Brett Young
- Father/Daughter Song: My Girl by the Temptations
- Mother/Son Song: The Man You’ve Become by Molly Pasutti
If you want to see more photos of these two, check out their engagement session!