I’m NOT hitting my goal for this year! I really wanted to start blogging more but I’ve really been slacking off. So I’m starting over.
I should have written this much earlier but now’s better than never.
I spent a week in Las Vegas, with thousands of other photographers. I had the privilege to learn from some of the greatest wedding photographers in the nation at WPPI, along with a lot of nerdy photographer fun.
Here are some highlights:
1. I over came my fear of flying. Vegas wasn’t the first time I’ve flown but I was always a nervous wreck. I use to be the person clinching the armrest, thinking that every little bump we were going down. Well, I can say, I’m still not a fan, but I’m not terrified. I actually enjoyed my flight (minus the anxiousness there to get to Vegas, and the anxiousness to get back to see Iain!).
2. Um… I was in Vegas!!! Maybe I was wrong. My first impressions was fairly disappointing but after I walked the strip I was pretty impressed. There is actually a lot of beautiful things to see and fun things to do. I’m definitely going to try to do a little bit more next year. Cirque du Soleil, maybe?
3. Classes I’m a bit of a nerd. I was so excited about the classes. If you are passionate about something, why wouldn’t you want to get better at it? Mike Colon (pronounce “Cal-lone”, above) was definitely one of my favorites. Scott Robert Lim was hilarious. If you are planning on going next year, definitely check out his class.
4. Flash Dance Again, I’m a bit of a nerd. Something to check off the bucket list to check off. Front middle.
5. Friends! I missed my husband but one of the benefits of going alone is forcing myself to meet new people. I’d talked with many of these people through social networks and it was so wonderful to finally meet them!
I can’t wait until WPPI 2013
Instagram from me: @(Steven) how much more attractive am I to you?
Steve’s response: @jennsince1985 Infinitely more attractive
I love my husband.