A few hours of open dancing is enough to make anyone work up an appetite. Even if that open dancing was preceded by one of the best tasting meals we’ve ever seen at a wedding. But, when the In-N-Out Burger truck pulled up to the reception, not a single person stayed inside to dance. Everyone went out to the truck to grab a burger. We absolutely loved this Pelican Hill wedding in California. Lauren and Campbell, and all of their friends and family, were some of the most fun people we’ve ever worked with.
The flowers, the sunlight, the decor, the drinks, the food, the suits, the dress. Every single detail of this wedding was meticulously planned and well thought out. The ceremony was at Mars Vista at Pelican Hill, which meant the Pacific Ocean was the backdrop for the wedding. It was gorgeous, clear day. You could see boats sailing past the resort out in the water. And at night as the sun was setting the uplighting around the ceremony turned on and the whole place looked utterly amazing. We had so much fun shooting this gorgeous wedding.
A big thanks to all the vendors that helped make this day so wonderful!
- Venue: The Resort at Pelican Hill Newport Beach
- Coordinator/Planner: Amy Kuchta with Intertwined Events
- Officiant: The Honorable Karen S. Crawford
- Wedding Dress Designer: Justin Alexander
- Wedding Dress Boutique: Mon Amie Bridal Salon
- Veil/Hair Piece: Veils by Judith Simon
- Hair Vine: Elle Garretson
- Shoes: Schutz
- Dress Accessories: Mon Amie Bridal Salon
- Bridesmaid Dresses: XScape (Macy’s); Aqua (Bloomingdales)
- Suits: Hickey Freeman and Nordstrom
- Hair Stylist: Design Visage (Laura)
- Make-up Artist: Design Visage (Laura)
- Florist: Jenny B Floral Design
- Catering: The Resort at Pelican Hill
- Cake: The Resort at Pelican Hill
- Entertainment: Lucky Devils
- Save the Date Designer: Minted
- Invite Designer: Minted
- Program Designer: Darla Marie Designs
- Chair Rentals and Decor: ChiviariChairRental.com
- Late Night Snack: In-N-Out Burger
- Honeymoon: Bora Bora and Mo’orea
- First Dance Song: Real Love Baby by Father John Misty
- Father/Daughter Song: Unforgettable by Frank Sinatra/Nat King Cole
- Mother/Son Song Dancing in the Dark by Bruce Springstein
If you loved the photos from this Pelican Hill wedding in California, then check out some of our other recent shoots!
Firstly check out Lauren and Campbell’s amazing engagement shoot in the Newport Beach and Laguna Beach areas! This engagement session was so much fun. We shot all along the beach and even did some drone photos. Afterward we went to one of Lauren and Campbell’s favorite pubs for dinner and drinks. It was a great experience.
Also, check out this fantastic wedding in Sacramento, California with Paul and Janice! Paul and Janice’s wedding at Hakone Gardens was beautiful! We were able to capture these two up in the hills, surrounded by redwood trees. I think with these two weddings it’s safe to say we’re falling in love with the California coast.
Lastly, check out this great wedding with Louann and Jack at Notre Dame University in Indiana! Louann and Jack had a gorgeous wedding in the Basilica of the Sacred Heart. If you look closely at the photos of the wedding party, you’ll notice a familiar face. Lauren was one of the bridesmaids at Louann and Jack’s wedding. And Louann was a bridesmaid in Lauren’s wedding.