The leaves of the weeping willows hung down low to the earth, idly swaying in the breeze. Underneath the trees, Kara and Nick stood hugging each other. Nick lifted his head and kissed Kara on the side of the cheek. This was just one amazing moment from our portrait session with Kara and Nick before their 1899 wedding reception in downtown Indianapolis.
Kara and Nick got ready in downtown Indy at the Hyatt Regency and an airbnb just around the corner. After they got ready, we headed over to St. Mary’s Catholic Church for their ceremony and then to White River State Park for photos of the two of them and their wedding party. After that they had a delightful reception at 1899. We had so much fun at this wedding, because Kara and Nick just kept us laughing the whole time (just like at their engagement shoot).
We also did the video for this wedding check it out and then scroll through the photos below:
A big thanks to all the vendors that helped make this 1899 Wedding so much fun!
- Reception Location: 1899
- Ceremony Location: St. Mary’s Catholic Church
- Bride Getting Ready Location: AirBNB downtown
- Groom Getting Ready Location: Hyatt Regency
- Officiant: Fr. Patrick Flick
- Wedding Dress Designer: Justin Alexander
- Wedding Dress Boutique: Wedding Studio Greenwood
- Veil/Hair Piece: Wedding Studio Greenwood
- Shoes Brand: Badgley Mischka
- Shoes Store: Nordstrom
- Bridesmaid Dresses: JJ’s House
- Suits: Men’s Warehouse
- Hair Stylist: Christina Lytz
- Make-up Artist: Caitlin Frank
- Florist: Posh Petals
- Catering: Mill’s Catering
- Cake Designer/Bakery: Heavenly Sweets
- Entertainment: PBJ Pro DJ – Joe Backe
- Save the Date Designer: Bride & Groom
- Invite Designer: Bride & Groom
- Program Designer: Bride & Groom
- Videographer: Van Elk & Co
- Transportation: Elan Limousines
- Honeymoon: Key West
- First Dance Song: Coming Home – Leon Bridges
- Father/Daughter Song: If You Need Me – Bruce Springsteen
- Mother/Son Song: Always – Frank Sinatra
Also a big thanks to Hannah Cline (photo) and Daiyawn Smith (video) for second shooting with Steve and I at this wedding.
Did you love the photos from this wedding?
If you loved these photos, then check out some of our other recent shoots!
Firstly, check out Kara and Nick’s engagement shoot in downtown Indianapolis! This engagement shoot was so much fun because Kara and Nick just kept making me laugh. They also made each other laugh too. It was just so much fun to spend time with them.
Also, check out this styled shoot at 1899 that we did! I’ve always loved the baroque artists so I did a styled shoot trying to match modern wedding photography with the baroque paintings. It was so much fun to see this vision come to life.
Lastly, check out this wedding Steve and I shot with Chrissy and Kris. This was also the first wedding Steve lead for photography. He knocked it out of the park. It’s weird, this feels like it was yesterday but it’s actually 4 years ago now. Time is flying.