We are so excited to share Carly & Jon’s wedding again on the blog today. They are celebrating their 1st wedding anniversary *all the excitement emojis*!!!
We are doing things a little differently. We’ve asked for advice they have to share with our readers about wedding planning and Carly & Jon had fantastic things to say. It’s a must-read!
What were the 3 most important things for you for your wedding day?
1. Finding small moments for just the two of us to be together. Especially, the first look. The first look was everything, Jon says it was actually his favorite. It was our moment just the two of us and a moment I will never forget. The wedding day is such a big event with so many moving parts. There are so many friends and family to see and say hello to. It can be easy to get caught up in the motions of wedding day activities. I am so glad we had a moment where everything seemed to slow down. Not to mention our photographer did an AWESOME job capturing the moments so we get to relive it.
2. Our wedding was our personality. We did things that were unique to us and who we are as a couple. I think one of my favorite memories will always be watching Jon sit on the steps of the War Memorial drinking a Coors Light with his brother and all of his best friends. He looked so happy and then he looked over at me. It was really the best day ever.
3. Enjoy it !! It goes by too fast.
Carly & Jon’s Tips:
– Pick what makes you happy.
– Find vendors that fit your personality.
– Don’t sweat the small stuff.
– You’re going to run late even with a well thought out timeline, so just go with the flow.
– Having your family and friends there is the most important thing.
A BIG THANKS TO ALL OF THE WONDERFUL VENDORS WHO HELPED MAKE THE DAY SO SPECIAL!
- Getting Ready Location: The Alexander Hotel
- Ceremony Location: St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church
- Reception Location: Mavris Arts & Event Center
- Coordinator/Planner: Alyssa Parrish
- Officiant: Father Douglas Hunter
- Wedding Dress (Designer & Boutique): Nancy’s Bridal (Enzoani)
- Veil/Hair Piece: Nancy’s Bridal
- Shoes (Brand/Store): Betsy Johnson (ceremony) / Kate Spade Keds (Reception)
- Bridesmaid Dresses: David’s Bridal, Vera Wang Collection
- Suits: Men’s Wearhouse
- Hair Stylist: Lindsay Clayton
- Florist: JP Parker
- Catering Mavris Arts & Event Center Catering
- Cake Designer/Bakery: Classic Cakes
- Entertainment: Mark with Platinum Records
- Save the Date Designer: Minted
- Invite Designer: Minted
- Program Designer: Minted
- Transportation: Indy Trolley Company
- Honeymoon: Bora Bora
- First Dance Song: Tenerife Sea – Ed Sheeran
- Father/Daughter Song: Change the World – Eric Clapton
- Mother/Son Song: Mother Like Mine – The Band Perry
- Step-Father/Daughter Dance Song: Humble and Kind – Tim McGraw
DID YOU LOVE THIS MAVRIS WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY FROM CARLY AND JONATHAN’S WEDDING?
If you loved these photos, then check out some of the other wonderful weddings and engagement sessions we’ve captured at the Mavris!
Firstly, check this out! Carly and Jonathan didn’t just have their wedding at the Mavris, they also had their engagement session there too! Their engagement session was a blast! I had so much fun getting to know them before their wedding!
Also, check out this gorgeous brunch wedding at the Mavris with Sierra and Clayton! Sierra and Clayton brought that old time Hollywood glam look to their wedding. It was marvelous!
Lastly, check out this resplendent wedding at the Mavris with Lily and Zack! You might notice that jean jackets figure into both Carly and Jonathan’s wedding and Lily and Zack’s wedding. I absolutely love it! I’m glad jean jackets became so cool again, and I hope they stay cool forever. I love them.
If you loved these photos at the Mavris, consider booking your next event or wedding there as well! We love the Mavris! It’s just so gorgeous!