We had the privilege to interview one of our past couples about their Pelican Hill wedding. Lauren and Campbell were married last year at the Resort at Pelican Hill on the day after Valentine’s Day. Which means today is their first anniversary! Happy anniversary Lauren and Campbell!
What were the 3 most important things for you for your wedding day?
“(1) Ceremony; (2) Fun; and (3) First Dance”
“We wanted our ceremony to be a long-lasting memory that was not over and done in 5 minutes. We chose a poem ( [i carry your heart with me (i carry it in] by E.E. Cummings, a love letter (from Marilyn Monroe to Joe DiMaggio), and a quote from the Office (Season 3, Episode 18 (“love contract”)) for our readings and spent a lot of time choosing the music and writing our vows. We wouldn’t change a thing and both agree it was our favorite part of our wedding.”
“Our guests traveled from far and wide and we wanted to assure they had a blast — we started with rosé champagne before the ceremony, had a live band, and In-N-Out truck for a late night snack.”
“We were going to wing our first dance but decided to take a couple classes and choreograph our first dance at the last minute because a co-worker said it was his favorite part of his wedding. I highly recommend doing this – it’s a fun way to bond in the midst of wedding prep stress and the photo the Van Elk’s captured of our ending lift is Lauren’s mom’s favorite from the whole wedding!”
Looking back, is there anything you’d change?
“We did not hire a videographer and wish we did.”
This is one of the most frequent regrets that our couples list for their wedding. It’s also one of our biggest regrets for our wedding. Video of the day is so important. We sometimes joke that looking at photos and videos of the wedding day is like time traveling back to experience the day again. While photos can bring those moments back, video brings back the sounds and the motion. It just adds a whole other dimension to the day.
What are a couple of tips you have for couples getting married in 2021?
“Wedding planning was stressful enough without COVID-19 — our tip would just be to take the time to make your wedding special; even if it isn’t how you always imagined, it’s still your wedding and will be an unforgettable moment you both will always cherish. It’s worth investing the time to get creative during these chaotic times.”
Check out some more of the photos from their amazing wedding:
A big thanks to all the vendors that helped make this Pelican Hill wedding so wonderful!
- Venue: The Resort at Pelican Hill Newport Beach
- Coordinator/Planner: Amy Kuchta with Intertwined Events
- Officiant: The Honorable Karen S. Crawford
- Wedding Dress Designer: Justin Alexander
- Wedding Dress Boutique: Mon Amie Bridal Salon
- Veil/Hair Piece: Veils by Judith Simon
- Hair Vine: Elle Garretson
- Shoes: Schutz
- Dress Accessories: Mon Amie Bridal Salon
- Bridesmaid Dresses: XScape (Macy’s); Aqua (Bloomingdales)
- Suits: Hickey Freeman and Nordstrom
- Hair Stylist: Design Visage (Laura)
- Make-up Artist: Design Visage (Laura)
- Florist: Jenny B Floral Design
- Catering: The Resort at Pelican Hill
- Cake: The Resort at Pelican Hill
- Entertainment: Lucky Devils
- Save the Date Designer: Minted
- Invite Designer: Minted
- Program Designer: Darla Marie Designs
- Chair Rentals and Decor: ChiviariChairRental.com
- Late Night Snack: In-N-Out Burger
- Honeymoon: Bora Bora and Mo’orea
- First Dance Song: Real Love Baby by Father John Misty
- Father/Daughter Song: Unforgettable by Frank Sinatra/Nat King Cole
- Mother/Son Song Dancing in the Dark by Bruce Springstein
If you loved this post about Lauren and Campbell’s Pelican Hill wedding, then check out some of our other blog posts!
Firstly, if you want to see even more of Lauren and Campbell, check out the original blog post we wrote last year about their beautiful wedding at The Resort at Pelican Hill or check out their engagement session blog post where we shot photos up and down the coast of Newport Beach and Laguna Beach with them.